GS Plugins and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of Europe, is the latest privacy regulation and policy that will be implemented in May 2018 all over the world.
The purpose of this document is to provide necessary information regarding GDPR, the law and how GS Plugins is going to implement the GDPR principles for their products and services of
GS Plugins: https://www.gsplugins.com
Here at GS Plugins, we are working strictly to bring transparency to our data uses – how we are going to collect, store, and use our customers and users’ (your) data.
Basically, we will be referring to the following while implementing GDPR –
- Who we are
- What types of data we collect from our users
- Why we collect data
- How long we will retain the data
- Which third parties we share our data with
- How can you take control of your data
- How can you delete your data
- Ways to reach us regarding your data
What is GDPR?
In simple words, GDPR refers to the control of your own data that you share with different service providers. In this process, the service providers must be transparent about collecting, using, and sharing your personal data that you agree or consent to share.
With the new regulations of Europe, you will have more access, control, and choice of your own personal data that is being collected, used, or shared.
However, you should take note that – GDPR applies to the EU users as it is an EU law. Thus, it applies to all the websites and businesses that have an EU customer base (collects, store, and use data of EU residents).
GDPR Implementation of GS Plugins
Stronger rules on data protection for citizens have more control over their data and business benefits from a level playing field. The rules for all companies operating in the EU, wherever they are based.
GS Plugins always takes good care of user data and maintains privacy because it is crucially important to us. From the beginning of the company, the GS Plugins maintaining strict principles of data protection and privacy. The GS Plugins data protection and privacy are aligned with the GDPR principles.
Apart from that, here is a summary of how GS Plugins collects, store, and use your data maintaining the GDPR principles.
- We collect common data such as your name, email address, phone number, and address. All this data is used for creating your profile, sending you product updates, marketing uses such our product deals, offer and partnership opportunities with GS PLugins, etc. according to the compliance of the Protection of Personal Data.
- When you purchase from us, we collect order data including – IP address, web browser, payment email, billing address, payment method, credit card, or PayPal information. We collect these for preventing fraudulent activities and invoicing purposes. The GS Plugins authority in terms of information data protection completely follows the Rules for business and organizations.
- Besides that, we sometimes collect tracking information while you browse our site including – the pages you visit, the products you view and the pages you interact with for marketing purposes.
- GS Plugins keeps invoices for around 5 years. So, we retain your billing information for 5 years unless you request us to delete your data.
- We use Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) and Google Analytics, Email marketing software; Mailchimp, GetResponse, SendinBlue. They are renowned service providers as well. We do not share your data with any other third party companies or businesses.
- You have the full power to control your content. You can view your profile and modify it any time you want. Besides that, you can request us by sending an email to view all of the data that we have stored. Most importantly, you have the rights to delete your data. You can send us an email stating that you want us to delete your data and we will delete them for you. We are also working on to give you full access to control and delete your data by yourself.
- For contacting us, you can drop your queries in our contact form or send us an email at [email protected]